Ulster University is a modern, forward-looking institution with student experience at the very heart of everything we do. Our high-quality teaching, informed by world-leading research across key sectors, boosts the economy and has a positive impact on the lives of people around the world. The beautiful Magee Campus is home to a wide range of health programmes enabling a rich, interdisciplinary student learning environment, as well as research collaborations in personalised medicine and cognitive analytics.
- Ulster University’s School of Nursing at Magee is the number one school of nursing on the Island of Ireland. The multi award-winning school was recently ranked 6th in the UK and among the top 50 in the world.
- The School of Nursing hosts and operates a vital Nursing Midwifery Council Competence Testing Centre; recently expanded to meet growing demand, and one of just three in the UK, supporting nursing capacity in the UK and reflecting our expertise and leadership in nursing.
- Our Graduate Entry School of Medicine is about to complete its second full academic year. It offers a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) medical degree programme that is unique in Northern Ireland.
- NI’s first BSc Paramedic Science degree is offered at Magee, the first cohort of 40 students is undertaking year one in 2022.
- Undergraduate Health Sciences programmes including physiotherapy, podiatry, radiography and more will relocate to Magee from the Jordanstown campus from September 2022, bringing over 800 students to Magee.
- Based at Magee and Altnagelvin Hospital in Derry Londonderry, our Undergraduate Stratified Medicine course is the only course of its kind.